Sunday, July 12, 2009

An Adventure

With only ten vacation days a year, I have a tendency to hoard mine rather than taking small breaks here and there. As a result, this year I ended up with 7 days to use before September when they expire. My boyfriend does not have vacation time at his disposal because his vacation time accrues and he began his job recently. So rather than spend this extra time taking Fridays off for a few weeks or something similar, I decided to do something I've wanted to do for a very long time. I am leaving in a few days for California. I'm stopping in various cities to see a few friends and I'm hoping to blog the entire trip. My laptop has a slot for my camera's SD chip, so I can upload video and photos almost immediately. It will also give me something to do while traveling between cities since I'm taking this trip alone.

I've never gone anywhere entirely on my own before, and although I'll be visiting people along the way, there will be times when I'll be staying with people I've never met before or touring a city alone. The trip will be relatively quick, only 7 days all together, and with 5 cities to visit it will probably feel a little rushed. But I'm excited all the same and I hope you will enjoy following me along the way!

Check back often over the next week for updates. Thanks!

Let's just hope it's more like this (Theme song for this trip? Yeah, I think so):

Crazy Man's Ju-Ju PART NINE (Make It Mine UK Version)


And less like this (Sorry Rufus, but you don't give a very good review):

Watch more Yahoo! Music videos on AOL Video

No comments:

Post a Comment