Thursday, January 28, 2010

I am Holden Caulfield?

I'm a bit of an ass.

When I was in High School, I read Catcher in the Rye.  And many people are frequently surprised to learn that I hated it.  I thought it was a pointless story and didn't understand why it was heralded as such a "classic".  I've always been a little jaded about it and usually jump down people's throats when they say that they like it.

So my brother put up an update on facebook last night that said "I am holden caulfield."

So I responded with "please... no... just... no."

Then, I find out this morning why my brother had that message up last night.  JD Salinger died yesterday.

*sigh*

Insensitive ass that I am.  I feel that I owe him another chance now.  I think I'll have to go back and read that damn story again.  Man...



Reminder: Check Twitter trends before responding to facebook updates in order to avoid embarrassingly ignorant comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment