Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Here We Go...


And I'm off. I've got my bag weighing in at just under 20 pounds (see picture below for contents of said bag), I've got all my travel information, I've got tons of excitement and all of you lovely people to share it with.

The commuter rail is brimming with bleary-eyed, unwilling members of the American workforce. I feel like an impostor among them, or maybe a trator. For one week, I've gotten out of the routine. I've freed myself from the monotony of every other day. Along for the ride? Maybe. But certainly not in the same sense all of these people are.

Businesspeople, nurses, 20-something girls with those commically outrageous "hair bumps" (seriously, what is that about?). Traveling companions for the moment, soon to be replaced by a completely new world that I will have 7 days to explore.

More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment