Saturday, November 1, 2008

On your mark, get set....


It's that time of year again. Halloween has just ended, we still haven't turned on our heat for the winter and I've got one month to write a 50,000 word novel. That's right (write?), it's National Novel Writing Month (or NaNoWriMo for anyone who knows what I'm talking about). It's time to write without a plan, without any preconceived ideas. Art for art's sake. I'm not sure exactly where the month will take me. I'm kicking around the idea of writing a sci-fi story. I haven't thought about it much yet, but I think that's what makes me more confident that I'll finish this year. If you put too much thought into it, you become invested in plot and characters. But if you just sit down and do it, the possibilities are endless. I'm ready for an excellent month! Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment