Monday, May 19, 2008

Self -defense solution for the parking garage.

Self-defense Unbreakable Umbrella

Products like this make me feel spoiled. Picture this if you will. I work in a converted mill building in Massachusetts. It sits on the bank of a beautiful river. Across the cobblestone street is a 4-story parking garage. It takes me approximately 90 seconds to travel from my car door to the tiny black card-swipe machine that lets me into the building. To be honest, I think I'm more frightened of the people inside than anyone I might happen upon during my 90 second venture from my car.

I can't tell you how grateful I am to be working in a community where crimes that might require the use of such a product are practically unheard of.
You know what worries me about this miracle umbrella? Unlike a gun, anyone can buy one of these babies. I'm going to have to start keeping an eye on umbrella-wielding pedestrians. This looks far more unpleasant than a baseball bat. And they can walk away looking completely innocent when they are through. Oh dear.

No comments:

Post a Comment