Sunday, May 18, 2008

"I'm all about them words"

For someone who loves words as much as I do, it's frightening to find that the most creative phrases of my day creep out during inter-office email messages. All I do, all day long, is string countless words together into sentences to inform a population of people about things that I know very little about. And what really screws with my mind is that none of these people have any idea who I am of what I am about. What a strange, removed sort of job this is. I give and give all day long and get nothing in return. That's a lie, I get a modest paycheck. And what exactly is it that I'm giving anyway?
So my solution to this problem is to begin writing a blog regularly. As a recent college graduate, I find that the last year or so has been far from what I ever expected for myself. I'm incredibly lucky, and it is important for me to share these stories with others.
I sit for at least 8 hours a day in front of a computer, and during that time, I absorb an endless amount of information and images about current events. Unfortunately, my job requires me to write objectively about these things that I come across. I am hoping that this blog will become a place for sharing, discussing and exploring the phenomena in this world that connect all of us. I hereby begin this literary broadcast from my cubicle to your computer, cell phone, iphone or what-have-you. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment